A Conversation for The Alexander Technique

Alexander Technique - further thoughts

Post 1

AlexTech

The Alexander Technique is a way of becoming more aware of ourselves during day to day living so that we can take our bodies more into account rather than take them for granted. It's about looking at our daily habits and thinking more about them.

People who spend a lot of time at the computer benefit a lot from the Alexander Technique as they tend to sit for hours with no regard to their body or their posture. This can lead to problems such as neck, back and shoulder pain or discomfort, stiffness, headaches and RSI.

Pregnant women and new parents also would benefit from thinking about how they use their bodies. Pregnancy can place a strain on the body as the baby grows and women may arch their backs which is unhelpful. Breastfeeding and holding the baby, taking it in and out of the pram/bath/cot can also cause rounding of the back and associated discomforts.

Alexander Technique lessons work best if taken regularly - ideally at least once a week - as habits tend to be strong and are so easy to fall back into. It is fascinating to understand more about how we "work" - how we can coordinate our bodies (and minds) more to have greater ease and balance.

Please look at www.freeyourneck.co.uk for more information.


Key: Complain about this post

Alexander Technique - further thoughts

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more