A Conversation for Alfred Hitchcock

Hitchcock's French Films...

Post 1

Loup Dargent

Oh yes, he has even directed two French movies... in 1944.

But, they were were supposed to be propaganda work to help inspire the French Freedom Fighters during WW2.


In "Aventure malgache" (Madagascan Adventure), we see a French underground lawyer outwitting the Gestapo.

In "Bon Voyage", we see a British pilote's escape from a POW camp, as well as his fall into a snare of Nazi treachery.

It is said that Hitchcock's taste for ironic twists and surprises after surprises have made these two films pratically useless to the propagandists though.

loupsmiley - fullmoon


Hitchcock's French Films...

Post 2

Loup Dargent

>It is said that Hitchcock's taste for ironic twists and surprises after surprises have made these two films pratically useless to the propagandists though.<

It could be the reason why Aventure Malgache was not deemed good enough for the purpose it was made for in the first place and was shelved for so long... It was finally released for public viewing in 1993.


Bon Voyage was released in 1944 though...




Key: Complain about this post

Hitchcock's French Films...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more