A Conversation for Ah Bengs - Singapore Style

the ah lian/ah beng culture in Singapore

Post 1

Researcher 207703

Hey! For you critics of the lians and bengs ( esp. in Singapore ) out there, well, take a close look at yourselves! Can you truly claim that you were NEVER a poseur at one time or another in your lives?? At least this bunch of groupies stay true to their nature and aren't afraid to show it!! What in the world ever gave you self-righteous people out there the idea that you have the right to judge them?? As if they didn't realise it. Well, not all of their kind are slackers who only indulge in the pleasures of life. In fact, many of them are smarter than your average man on the street. Many go to top academic institutions, display the necessary stle and class when required and most of all, not ALL of them are spendthrifts. True, clubbing and having out and sometimes, just sometimes, getting high is where they get their kicks from, they're still a relatively down-to-earth bunch.
How do I know all this?? Why am I throwing my whole defense on the line?? Simple. I'm one of them.


the ah lian/ah beng culture in Singapore

Post 2

rotgutt

Actually I would say that your rant accurately describes the average Singaporean.


Key: Complain about this post

the ah lian/ah beng culture in Singapore

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more