A Conversation for Kudzu

Myrothecium Verrucaria

Post 1

Researcher Jolietristan

and how do i get some of this fungus. I would rather look at bare ground than have Kudzu take over the house. I would like to stop it from going any farther than it is now.
It took control of my laundry line.. I want that back.

Please help!!


Myrothecium Verrucaria

Post 2

msmonsy

i'm not sure where you could get some of this but what i do know is that a fungus from the sicklepod plant, which is found in the southeastern United States, effectively controls kudzu, according to Agricultural Research Service scientists in Stoneville, Miss.
in greenhouse and field studies, the scientists found that the fungus killed 100 percent of kudzu weeds.
plant pathologists C. Douglas Boyette and Hamed K. Abbas treated kudzu at different growth stages and under varying physical and environmental conditions. in all cases, the fungus effectively controlled the weed.
now if they would just sell this fungus over the counter it would help. so far my yard has not been invaded by this monster of a weed but i figure at the rate it is growing it will not be long before i wake up one morning and have to cut my way out my front door and to my car smiley - winkeye.
Monsy


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more