A Conversation for Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK

Portsmouth researchers

Post 21

Bluebottle

Well, there's lots to see and do if we want. How about Gosport? I remember walking to the Submarine museum there once one day - that was fun. smiley - smiley


Portsmouth researchers

Post 22

Cakewalker

All the way from Southampton?

Funny you should mention the submarine museum - my parents went the other day.


Portsmouth researchers

Post 23

Cee Mac

well if it's a nice day I'd rather stay outside in the sunshine, lets review the merits of the crazy golf course by the fair !!!


Portsmouth researchers

Post 24

Peregrin

Good idea. I think we should write an extremely long and detailed synopsis of the crazy golf course for the Guide, with hole by hole guides to technique, difficulty and enjoyment.


Portsmouth researchers

Post 25

Cee Mac

lets just hope that there is no time limit for the course !!!!! and someone doesn't mind going to the pub to get the refreshments !


Portsmouth researchers

Post 26

Cakewalker

Fine by me so long as you don't expect me to bring any back smiley - bigeyes


Portsmouth researchers

Post 27

Cee Mac

*writes note in girlie diary..... don't trust Cakewalker with beer money*


Portsmouth researchers

Post 28

Cakewalker

Oh, you can trust me with the money, just not with the beer smiley - smiley


Portsmouth researchers

Post 29

Cee Mac

so I end up poorer and sober........ I don't like that much.... not fair


Portsmouth researchers

Post 30

Cakewalker

*lol* OK. I'll be good smiley - smiley


Portsmouth researchers

Post 31

Peregrin

Shall we set some kind of date?

I work during the week so a weekend would be best for me. Not the weekend of the 13th 'cos that's the London meet up!

There's a bank holiday weekend at the end of this month. I haven't got anything planned.


Portsmouth researchers

Post 32

Caveman, Evil Unix Sysadmin, betting shop operative, and SuDoku addict (Its an odd mix, but someone has to do it)

Right. I'm going to start a new thread here, because I'm fed up scrolling the left hand pane miles to the side to see what's going on.

Date. Yes, we should have a date. I'm happy with virtually any date, bearing in mind that I have to work Saturdays and Bank Holidays (I work for Ladbrokes, see the entry at http://www.h2g2.com/A168482 ) but evenings are nice. (Although I could always turn up late).

As previously stated, avoid the weekend of the 13/14th as thats the london meeting for those folk who want to go there. The following weekend may be a bit too close, but the following two weekends are fine. (Once we hit June, the dreaded 18-in-a-row Sunday racing starts... ugh!)

So, if people would like to list days they CANT make, we'll pick on that in theory people should be able to turn up atleast somewhere...


Portsmouth researchers

Post 33

Cakewalker

Early May or late June are best for me. Early June may be OK, though I'm not sure (and won't be until next week), while late May is definitely not possible - I have my final exhibition to work up to.


Portsmouth researchers

Post 34

Cee Mac

So what's been decided then ??........ *girlie confused state here*
and who's gonna be coming out to play ???


Portsmouth researchers

Post 35

Cee Mac

hmmmm another option has come to mind....... how's about changing the venue from Crazy golf to a night out at the Greyhounds??


Portsmouth researchers

Post 36

Caveman, Evil Unix Sysadmin, betting shop operative, and SuDoku addict (Its an odd mix, but someone has to do it)

NOW you're talking.

(I could take the night bets placed at my shop with me, and settle them on-course..
Not to mention getting some inside information from some of the owners who frequent
my shop..)

(Can't make Tuesday or Friday nights though)

They do a 'Super Six' if you book in advance for parties of six or more, which comprises admission, racecard, two drinks, something greasy with chips, and a free jackpot bet. This used to be six pounds, but I think it went up slightly.

Normal cost of admission is three pounds I think.


Portsmouth researchers

Post 37

Cee Mac

yeah it's £7.50 now which is still pretty good value !!!
shall we leave it open to the others to comment?????


Portsmouth researchers

Post 38

Bluebottle

Just how late is it, as we'll have to find out about when the last train is.
Late June sounds good - who has a calendar?


Portsmouth researchers

Post 39

Cakewalker

OK, my comment - I'd be more inclined to a pub garden than the greyhound stadium, though I also have to mention that I won't really be free until mid-June for anything, which is probably too late for other people (just at the moment these various get-togethers have caught anyone who's at Uni in exam time).


Portsmouth researchers

Post 40

Cakewalker

Symlpost smiley - smiley

If it is late June that's being discussed, then that's even better for me. Also, if it does go on late, perhaps the people from out of town might be found somewhere to kip for the night?


Key: Complain about this post