A Conversation for Xena: Warrior Princess - The TV Series

the Archangel Gabriel

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

should now get his own show, green wings and all...
~flutters wings~


the Archangel Gabriel

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Don't get me wrong. The actor who plays Gabriel is nice enough looking, and did a reasonable job. But it's rather a flat character, isn't it? I mean, it's kind of hard to manage any sort of character development with him. And anyway, the special effects for the wings were far too pricey. It would be too expensive to do a weekly series on Gabriel.

The closest thing to a Xena spin-off is Cleopatra 2525. This is a science fiction show, actually, about a band of three futuristic women trying to reclaim the surface of the Earth from evil machines. It's sort of Xena meets Charlie's Angels meets Barbarella. The show has many of the same producers as Xena, and is moving from a half hour to an hour-long format in the near future.


the Archangel Gabriel

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

oooooooh
Now ~that~ sounds interesting!
I love sci-fi...
I *was* looking forward to "Andromeda" which, starring Kevin Sorbo & was billed as "Hercules in Space", was the biggest load of cr*p I've ever seen, I need some serious cheering up, and Cleopatra 2525 sounds just the job...smiley - biggrin
Hope it'll be hitting the British shores sometime soon!


the Archangel Gabriel

Post 4

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

I'm sure it will. My experience so far is that the UK gets television series about a year after we do. Cleo2525 began here in a half-hour format last March. So there's still plenty of time for the series to make its way there.


the Archangel Gabriel

Post 5

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Yes, I am anxiously awaiting the last series of "Voyager" any day now!


the Archangel Gabriel

Post 6

imdwhisper

...on Andromeda: well, yes it is a bit lame isn't it. even star trek the first series made more sense, and at the time it was produced, was much more believable.


Key: Complain about this post