A Conversation for ZBS

Wow! I'm first!

Post 1

Zach Garland

I discovered ZBS for myself at least a decade ago. I purchased several of their tapes. I still have them in my collection. Stars And Stuff. The Fourth Tower of Inverness. Ruby the Galactic Gumshoe parts one and two. Saratoga Springs. Stephen King's The Mist. Fantastic Reality. Incredible Adventures of Jack Flanders. Perhaps some of the most eargasmic stories ever recorded. I need to go back and listen to them again. It's been far too long, and will be like revisiting with old friends. Remember: "Free Electricity for Everybody!"


Wow! I'm first!

Post 2

BlueSphinx

Zach -

I'm a longtime ZBSer, too. Recently I've been talking to Tom Fulton, their president, and I'm in the process right now of setting up a bulletin board for them. Currently, I'm looking for some feedback on that idea from other ZBS fans, to see whether or not it's true that "If I build it, they will come". Do you think this is something you would find interesting? Would you come visit the Whirlizter of Wisdoms?


Wow! I'm first!

Post 3

BlueSphinx

Whoops! I mean Tom Lopez, of course. It's been one of those days, I'm afraid. Please excuse error. It was error, not ignorance.


Wow! I'm first!

Post 4

h2g2 Musicians Guild

I've enjoyed Ruby: The Galactic Gumshoe since I was about 12 years old. It really gave me pause, and was a very positive influence on me. I was more willing to be myself than many of my peers, and for this I partly have Ruby to thank. smiley - smiley

I recently purchased the first four installments from the ZBS web site. It's still good stuff.


bulletin board

Post 5

MrBruno

Interesting about the bulletin board. I was encouraged by a couple of other ZBS fans to start a completely-unofficial and fan-based mailing list a little over a year ago: http://www.egroups.com/group/zbs. We have eighteen members (excluding myself) and 133 messages right now and talk about Jack Flanders, Ruby, etc. I asked ZBS if they wanted to link to it from their site and they declined saying they wanted to do something on their own.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more