A Conversation for Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 21

Sho - employed again!

Actually, nightlife everywhere sucks. If you don't want techno stuff. (I was away last weekend near Berlin, and everyone I know is conviced that I was at the Love Parade! Yuk!)
I haven't been in McLauchlins for ages. It started to have student nights, and got a bit young for me, but the music was always ok. I have just about stopped going out now. Although last week I was in Bielefeld. On Thursday nights at a place called Zweischlingen (can only be described as a roadhouse) they play "oldies". Mostly heavy. And you can dance if you want, and get falling over drunk if you want, and eat (the food is great). But it's a long way to go for a night out smiley - smiley


Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 22

Steffi

There's a song, Where in the world is Bielefeld??, I never knew that good parties could take place there! smiley - winkeye I know Bielefeld from Arminia and Dr. Oetker, the pudding- guy. Sho, maybe you should avoid the student's nights at McLauhglin's (that's what I do), but come around on a Saturday, just for a try. Okay? Hope to see you!


Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 23

Sho - employed again!

Oh, Steffi! I would like to come but.... I actually live quite a way away from Düsseldorf (in Waldfeucht bei Heinsberg) and as I have 2 little kids and my Husband's a chef and works on Saturdays.... well, you get the picture.
But... I'll tell you what: I have a can of Guinness at home. On Saturday night (about 10pm) I'll drink it. You can also drink one, then it's a bit of a virtual visit to McL?
Sho smiley - winkeye


Zwiebel and Tor 3

Post 24

grendel

Is Zwiebel the bar in with all the different mixed drinks? I haven't been to Dusseldorf since 1989.

The only disco that I can remember was called 'Tor 3', but I don't remeber a slide (just a lot of smoke and expensive drinks).

Personally I liked the Altstadt in Dusseldorf, Koln's was always too much of a tourist trap.


Zwiebel and Tor 3

Post 25

Sho - employed again!

Tor 3 - as far as I remember, was where I saw some really good bands. Last ones were... have to think about this.... James and.... can't remember.
Funny that you prefer Düs, I prefer Köln: probably that the grass is always greener somewhere else, and I don't get to Köln that often (usually on Saturday for a quick run round Marks & Spencer - what a geek I must be)


Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 26

Steffi

smiley - smiley
...where the hell is Waldfeucht??? But I can top that: I used to live in WITTEN!!! The nightlife of Witten is a pub with no beer, honestly. The name is Casablanca, the only pub to be open 24 hours a day, and they sell no alcohol!
Enjoy your Guinness, Dear, I will do the same!


Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 27

Sho - employed again!

Waldfeucht, crazy name crazy place!! smiley - smiley Actually it is a Dorfgemeinde, I live in a really small village (400 people) NO PUB! (next village has 2 though) we do, however have a Pommesbude.
I don't think it's on any map. If you look at the map of Germany, look for the end of the A46 (direction of Holland) and then you fall off the end of the Autobahn, keep going until you come to Echt (Holland) - Waldfeucht is right in front of it.


Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 28

Aikim

For everyone who is trying to use this conversation as an information about whats going on in Duesseldorf, I´d like to say that the Tor 3 is a place at Ronsdorferstr. quite far from the Altstadt (I mean it´s like 5 stations with the Underground and a fifteen minutes walk, or 15 minutes with the car). You will find a huge hall (a former industry building) big enough for about 1500 people. On the weekends it´s usually used as a discoteque, in the week there are sometimes live acts there. I haven´t been there for some years so if something changed please tell it. Oh you are right the prices have always been quite high for a german disco but it´s still cheap if you compare it to clubs in London.


Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 29

gelzi

If you're searching for a good pub in Duesseldorf, I'd recommend the "Schalander" .It's quite far away from the city (more located in the south) and you better go there by car if you want to stay longer (I'm not shure if the public transport has improved their services at night in the last 2 years since I went away from there). They have 12 sorts of draught beer and lots more in bottles. And don't miss their fried potatoes. It is located at the Kölner Landstrasse near Ickeswardener Strasse.


Nightlife in Düsseldorf - Kontakt

Post 30

You can call me TC

Ich würde gerne auf Deiner Seite eine neue Conversation anfangen aber es ist nicht möglich. Hier also alle Infos zum neuen deutschsprachigen Netz

Announcing: GerManiaConnection - the hub of the German web is here: GerManiaConnection Who's Who: http://www.h2g2.com/A448328


Anyone who has ever contributed to a German topic, or who comes from Germany, is listed here and will receive this posting on their page - in this unprecedented launch campaign.

Please do not pursue this thread (that would lead to far to many conversations going on at once), but go straight to the GerManiaConnection to see what it's about. In case you're wondering how you got to be on the list…. well, I just did a few searches (with the help of Bossel) and checked all conversations on German entries, and have included the editors. Which makes it not quite a comprehensive list, but it can be improved upon.

For any of you who have, on your own pages, or in your own articles, links to my page or to the GerManiaConnection that existed provisionally up to now, please note the new numbers: My researcher number is now U154942 and the GerManiaConnection is now A448328…. See below.

I appreciate that some may not want to be included, or know someone else who ought to be. So get writing to me about it.

And don't forget - we're getting together in the Black Forest area around the beginning of December. Here are all the links:

GerManiaConnection Who's Who: http://www.h2g2.com/A448328
GerManiaConnection What's What: http://www.h2g2.com/A450631
German meet (9-10 December in Karlsruhe area): http://www.h2g2.com/A433054

BEKANNTMACHUNG - Das deutsche Netz, die GerManiaConnection, steht - das Zentrum des Netzes befindet sich hier:

GerManiaConnection Who's Who: http://www.h2g2.com/A448328

Jeder, der sich jemals zu einem Thema über Deutschland, Österreich oder die Schweiz geäußert hat, oder der in einen der drei Ländern wohnt, erhält diese Posting in einer bisher einmaligen Kampagne.

Bitte, verfolge nicht diesem Thread, sonst gibt es Dutzende von Einzelgesprächen, gehe lieber zur GerManiaConnection und guck, was sich da tut.

Wie kam diese Liste zustande (und wie kommst Du darauf?) - Ich habe, mit Bossel's Hilfe - ein paar Suchläufe durchgeführt und die deutschen Beiträge sowie Foren durchsucht, und rechnete die Editors auch noch mit rein. Die Liste ist bestimmt nicht vollständig, aber da wirst Du gefragt...

Falls Du aus der Liste wieder gestrichen werden willst, oder jemanden kennst, der dahin gehört, schreibt mir bitte - links sind auf der GerManiaConnection dafür vorhanden.

Wer einen Link zu meiner Seite oder zur bisherigen GerManiaConnection auf seiner Seite hat, bitte die neuen Nummern einfügen: Meine Personal-Seite hat jetzt die Nummer U154942 und die GerManiaConnection (s. oben) hat die A448328.

Nicht vergessen : Treffen Anfang Dezember im Nordschwarzwald - Details über Engländer, oder hier:

GerManiaConnection Who's Who: http://www.h2g2.com/A448328
GerManiaConnection What's What: http://www.h2g2.com/A450631
Treffen im Schwarzwald: http://www.h2g2.com/A433054

I REPEAT - DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POSTING. Please.
BITTE BEANTWORTE DIESE NACHRICHT NICHT.

PS: My own hobby horse: The choral society has started practising - join here: http://www.h2g2.com/U153792


Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 31

hipsterderrick

thank you very much
danke!!!


Nightlife in Düsseldorf - Kontakt

Post 32

hipsterderrick

HALLO,
MY NAME IS DERRICK AND IM LIVING IN WASHINGTON DC.DUSSELFOR IS MY FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WORLD.WELL ONE OF THEM.IN THE ZENTRUM MY FAVORITE CLUB IS CALLED CHECKERS.IM MISS YOU DUSSELORF.
DERRICK.

I WISH I HAD THE MONEY TO COME ,I WOULD LEAVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 33

matodemi

I just saw that this conversation ist about 7 years old, but perhaps there are still people around reading here - and visiting or acutally living in or near Düsseldorf?

I would love to hear/read from you

My nightlife experiences are low though, going out alone isn't much fun.

rgds

Tina


Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 34

You can call me TC

We're most of us still around. I don't live near Düsseldorf, though, and don't know much about it. Sho does.


Nightlife in Düsseldorf

Post 35

matodemi

I only asked because I do live in Düsseldorf - and some sort of nightlife would be nice for a change (after having raised my children for a couple of years I think I deserve a night out every now and then by now)


Key: Complain about this post