A Conversation for Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Update on food and drink

Post 1

Researcher 176104

Just to let visitors know that King Puck's is not the "genuine Irish Pub" anymore - it has been re-named and has got a new owner and is as cosy as a snack bar in Euston Station. Sorry for that.

Breuer's is not serving the nice food they used to. Would recommend another "institution" for excellent French Bistro cuisine: Robert's Bistro in Hammer Strasse. It gets really packed, so make sure you get there early, since they do not take reservations. Gorgeous desserts!

Himmel und Erde: the crew has moved to the Landhaus Mönchenwerth, which will be open for lunches and dinner now.

Tandoori has moved from Hohe Strasse to Immermannstrasse and is still the best option for Indian food.


NEW:

If you like Lebanese food (dozens of little hors d'oeuvre dishes and spicy grilled meats as main course (in case you should be able to eat that after the lots of "appetizers"). You can have Lebanese food including belly dance and great interiors at a great price at the Libanon Restaurant in Bergerstrasse get much better value, no belly dance but great hospitality at the much more informal Byblos in Markenstrasse (just off Kölner Strasse) - and the food is even better there!


Key: Complain about this post

Update on food and drink

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more