A Conversation for Cardiff, South Glamorgan, Wales, UK

Errata

Post 1

Huw B

Y Glasgen should be Y Gasgen (The Barrel).

Aneurin Bevan was not born in or near Cardiff but in Tredegar (or somewhere nearby). People simply associate him with Cardiff due to his statue at the end of Queen Street which is often adorned with a traffic cone.


Errata

Post 2

Vashti

Nye Bevan's statue is also often adorned with white paint and/or bird droppings, underwear, or yellow police tape.

It's quite a shame really, the founder of the National Health Service deserved better than being an abused statue in a shopping precinct.


Update

Post 3

Mycelium


the firedrake and firkin has now changed it's name back to gassy jacks


Update

Post 4

mindbobbob

Yeh and the Woodie sells Guinness!! (Best Pub in Cathays!) I can honestly say it is the friendliest pub I have been to in a long time!smiley - biggrin


Errata

Post 5

Vashti

Also, the Prince of Wales is definitely not the biggest pub in Britain, as the Moon Under Water in Manchester (also a Wetherspoons) is much bigger.


Errata

Post 6

Martin

The taf has been stripped of any 'english tavern' feel by a previous Student Union Council, and now looks like any typical bar with IKEA tables and chairs, and no beer mats.


Errata

Post 7

Martin

and how come the majority of inaccuracies that anyone cares about for cardiff are about pubs?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more