A Conversation for Lakeland, Florida, USA

Additions and Emendations to Approved Entry

Post 1

Researcher 93445

(Posted on behalf of the Researcher, Asteroid Lil, who is currently experiencing difficulty connecting to H2G2)

I should have included this long ago, but for those wishing to know more about the Lakeland Fly-In, a website is available at http://www.sun-n-fun.org/ .

Also, I have a quibble with a word change. The original article describes the Fly-In noise as astonishing; in the Approved Entry, the word 'astonishing' has been changed to 'incessant.' I want to reassure anybody who thinks of attending this event that the noise is NOT unceasing; demonstrations and airshows occur only within certain socially acceptable time periods. But when these shows occur, the noise can indeed be astonishing. During the Warbird Fly-By this past year, for example, there were two B-17's, a B-24 Liberator, lots and lots of Mustangs, a Spitfire, and a "Widowmaker", one of those split-fuselage craft. All of them were aloft together.

But then the cult of airplane noise might be worth an entry of its own. I have seen bumper stickers (during the Fly-In) declaring a love for it.


Emendations

Post 2

World Service Memoryshare team

Thanks for pointing that out. Have a great weekend smiley - smiley

Anna


Emendations

Post 3

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Webcrawl has kept me from posting earlier.

Thank you, Anna, for such a quick update to the sense of the entry. Much appreciated.
smiley - smiley
Lil


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more