A Conversation for Card Games with Rude Names

"Indian Poker" is a rude card game, too

Post 1

Mustache

My friends and I will occasionally play "Indian Poker", which is actually a really stupid card game.

It works basically the same way as "War", where everyone draws a card blindly from their own deck. Whoever has the highest card (Aces high, 2's low, suit doesn't matter) wins.

Only in this version, as soon as you draw your card, you immediately put it on your forhead (with the face of the card showing), so that you dont know what your own card is but everyone else can see.

Then you scope out everyone else's cards. If you think your card is higher than another players, you slug them in the shoulder. If you think their card might be higher than yours, then you hold off. After all the hitting is done, everyone looks at their cards.

If someone with a lower card hit you in the shoulder, you get to hit them back harder. Then you draw another card.

I forget what happens in the event that two people have the same card. You can probably make up your own rules on the spot.

As I said before, there's not a lot of finesse to this one, but it's definitely rude, I guess. Maybe someone's heard of this game and knows it better. Either way, I think it should be added to this entry. If the rules I wrote are unclear, just respond to this post as such.


"Indian Poker" is a rude card game, too

Post 2

Martin Harper

Ahh - but it doesn't have a rude *name*, does it? smiley - winkeye

Perhaps you should write a seperate entry on Indian Poker! smiley - biggrin


"Indian Poker" is a rude card game, too

Post 3

Mustache

Whoops, got me on the technicality. Good point. My mistake.


"Indian Poker" is a rude card game, too

Post 4

Dreamchild Warpspasm: Thingite minister for Un-necessary macho posturing, Keeper of little blue things that go "Whoop!" on alter

Aternatively, start a page on Violent card games.
As well as your Indian poker, I know of a gane called torture, not to mention Full body contact Snapgrab with weapons and body armour.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more