A Conversation for Shaving

Razors

Post 1

Shade

My personal recommendation for a Razor, is the Mach 3 by Gillette.

The third blade does seem to make a difference, and I hardly cut myself at all since switching too it.


Razors

Post 2

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

I didn't like the Mach Three. The Gillette Sensor Excel for Women is better. And, that's not because of the way it's shaped.


Razors

Post 3

Phil

As long as it's sharp, it doesn't matter too much. I do sometimes wonder how my dad manages with his (very) old razor - he just keeps buying the old style flat blades every now and again. Whenever I've had to use it (with fresh blades and all that) it's been awfull!


Razors

Post 4

Crescent

I have heard good things about the Mach3, but I use a simple Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor. Uses the flat razor blades, and can be easily dismantled. The best thing about it is that you can open it to rinse, and easily get rid of all the hair and skin gunk that I found collects in ordinary safety razors smiley - smiley
BCNU - Crescent


Razors

Post 5

Wand'rin star

Is it now impossible to buy cut-throat razors? The shaving mug,brush and strop turned the procedure into a fascinating ceremony and with a hot towel produced a really close shave.(pun intended)


Razors

Post 6

Crescent

House of Fraser did one a couple of years ago.....I wasn't allowed to get one, my g/f didn't want one in the house
BCNU - Crescent


Razors

Post 7

Is mise Duncan

I have seen a very expensive "Dunhill" cut-throat razor set in Manchester Airport but cannot imagine you'd be allowed to take it on the plane.
The only time I've seriously looked for such a thing was around my 18th birthday (you might remember smiley - winkeye) - and I'm quite glad I never found one. I don't think I have the nerve to shave myself with an unguarded blade!


Razors

Post 8

Wand'rin star

Would you let a barber shave you with one?
[My recent hair-cut involved something very similar being used on the back of my neck - marginally less scary than the front I suppose]


Razors

Post 9

Is mise Duncan

I would and have - the Italian barber in Moseley (2nd year of uni) included a cut and blade shave in the one price and it is from him that I get the hot towels from a microwave tip smiley - winkeye.


Key: Complain about this post