A Conversation for Flies

Crane Flies

Post 1

SmileyMan

Biting flies, small flies, I can take 'em all on.

But I cannot stand crane flies, or Daddy-Long-Legs as they are otherwise known.

They seem to have genentically evolved into the most annoying creature on the planet. Nothing guarantees a sleepless night more than switching off the light to hear the "pfut pfut bzzz pfut plink" of a crane fly fluttering about near the ceiling. Whcih would be bearable......until it stops.

Then comes the gnawing, nagging fear that the thing is going to unerringly manage, despite no obvious flight control, and despite the pitch dark, to flit around your face in an unbelievably ticklish manner.

It has got the the point where I encourage spiders to live in my room, just for the satisfaction of waking up (if I sleep!) and spotting nature's cure for this evil munching on some crane fly breakfast.

Just checked my encyclopaedia for the Latin name for the Crane Fly, and it appears I have just invented tepulidaphobia. Anyone want to join the Tepulidaphobics Society?

Smiley


Crane Flies

Post 2

vegiman:-)

Hi smiley - smileyMan

Why dont you write an article on those nasty, long legged thingies. You never know if you put it through Peer Review it could be added to this articlesmiley - winkeye

Veggiesmiley - smiley


Crane Flies

Post 3

SmileyMan

Unfortunately my botheredometer seems to be registering zero at the moment! smiley - winkeye


Crane Flies

Post 4

vegiman:-)

Shame - well enjoy the rest of the guide

Have fun
veggiesmiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more