A Conversation for Pokemon - the Original GameBoy Game

Pikachu

Post 1

Psycho Si

My favorite Pokemon has to be Pikachu. Which ones do other people like?


Pikachu

Post 2

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

I thought Pikachu was a rabbitlike thing though.
Not a mouse.


Pikachu

Post 3

26199

Pokémon are, without a doubt, the coolest invention of the previous century. I would recommend, though, that instead of playing it on your gamebody, you play it on your PC, via an emulator... 'cause most emulators will let you speed it up for *really fast* Pokémon playing, as well as having better save facilities than a gameboy.

And everyone knows only games which are on PCs are any good anyway smiley - smiley.

26199


Pikachu

Post 4

Nicorette

Is there an N64 or PC version of the game? Or do I need to buy the kids a gameboy?


Pikachu

Post 5

Crescent

Pikachu is the best in the cartoon (and ultra cute), but my Pikachu in the game is a bit of weakling, of the six major fighting pokemon that I use it is the one that will faint, most likely to be knocked out with a single blow, but I labour on with him just for the Pika in the cartoon smiley - smiley My favorite is my Venusaur, one kick-ass pokemon, and the longest with me smiley - smiley
BCNU - Crescent


Pikachu

Post 6

26199

Nonono, don't buy a gameboy. Download an emulator such as no$gb (any decent search engine should produce the goods when you search for 'gameboy emulator'), and you'll be able to play it on your PC - you can download the game from the internet, too. Be warned, though, this is *only* legal if you own an original copy of the game, an even then it's a bit dubious. Cheating games programmers out of their hard-won cash isn't nice, or clever.

On the other hand there are myriad advantages to playing on your PC; easier saving and the ability to control the game speed being two of them. Many emulators will also provide utilities for examining the code of the game - paving the way for some serious cheating...

26199


Pikachu

Post 7

26199

If you want to reach the end of Pokémon as quickly as possible, without bothering about collecting all of 'em (I didn't), there's a very easy way of doing so: pick the... erm... failing memory here. I think you need to pick the flower-pokémon at the start, and then pick up a Geodude along the way. One or the other will be effective against practically anything; and even if they're not, the fact that you're only using two Pokémon will mean that they're *both* extremely high levels.

Incidentally, the Pokémon computer game is extremely addictive to a certain type of person - I'm on of them... be warned! You could spend your whole life playing it... until you complete it, that is.

In fact, virtually any computer game involving 'levels' is instantly addictive to someone like me... somewhat tragic, really.

26199


Pikachu

Post 8

This Here Giraffe

Well Pikachu, as a pokemon, is fairly useless. But in the Anime show it's got kinda god-like power.

But I'd reccommend getting the proper Gameboy version of the game. You can't actually complete the game properly on an emulated version, because you haven't completed it until you've gotten 150, and emulators don't yet emulate the link cable.

And it's legal as well.


Pikachu

Post 9

The Cheese

I do not support emulators. They hurt Nintendo. Stop using them.


Pikachu

Post 10

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

My favorite pokemon is Bulbasaur. I think he was the cutest on the show. But, my opinion may not count since I haven't played the game. I want to though.

I always thought Pikachu was some sort of chipmunk.

How do you say 'Pokemon'? I say it poke-a-mon, but a lot of people say it poke-e-mon.


Pikachu

Post 11

Crescent

I did finish it without collecting all of them (I am now running around trying to find the pokemon I missed) and I did it with bubasaur and geodude. Though I found geodude to be too slow, so I used a spearow (which has evolved into a fearow) which is speedy, and that peck is pretty powerful, so it gets the first blow in smiley - smiley
I pronounce pokemon as pock-e-mon smiley - smiley
BCNU - Crescent


Pikachu

Post 12

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

Bulbasaur!!!!!!!!


Pikachu

Post 13

26199

Hurt Nintendo? I don't like emulators either, but Pokémon has sold more copies than any other computer game *ever*... I don't think they're suffering all that badly. In fact, I think they've got themselves a license to print money over this whole Pokémon thing.

26199


Pikachu

Post 14

26199

Pokémon should be poke-ey-mon, I think... the accent over the é does that, as far as I'm aware... although I'm not a linguist.

It's sort of half-way between Poke-a-mon and Poke-e-mon smiley - smiley

26199


Pikachu

Post 15

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

That's what I meant by poke-a-mon. When the movie was out, I was checking what movies were playing and the person listing the movies said Poke-e-man. Actually what he said was 'yes, we have Poke-e-man'.


Pikachu

Post 16

Psybro

Now, my favourite Pokémon are: Farfetch'd, who is cute and has a cool voice in the show, Psyduck who is also cute, and Lickitung who probably has the best voice in the show, and it's rare.


Pikachu

Post 17

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

Psyduck is a couple of people that I know's favorite. I can identify with him/her/it? because he/she/it? gets headaches and so do I.


Pikachu

Post 18

This Here Giraffe

As for my Favorite, Probably Zapdos, who hasn't appeared in the show for real (He's in the second Movie tho')

The ones I use in the game are Venusaur, Arcanine, Jolteon, Arbok, Fearow, and Gyarados. They may not be the best for trainer battles, but as far as Single player goes, they're great.


Pikachu

Post 19

The Mummy, administrator of the SETI@home Project (A193231) and The Reluctant Dead on the FFFF (A254314)

More like Pikachu is a hamster-style thingy, only a bit too big smiley - smiley

Pikachu is the cutest in my opinion, but Squirtle and Bulbasaur are also lovely things, Bulbasaur especially with his way of refusing to evolve, because there's still enough to learn in his current form.
But hey, Pikachu is like that too smiley - smiley

Charmander was cool, but evolved much too quickly, and to me his newer forms soon lost their appeal.

(Now imagine my age... 41 in a few days. And still a Pokémon watcher smiley - smiley)


Pikachu

Post 20

Olli

pókemon arena then, good or bad?


Key: Complain about this post