A Conversation for The Won Kei, London, UK

not convinced

Post 1

wide_inside

I always thought it was a bit over rated. The rudeness is all too pantomime, as they know that people go there expecting it. Look at the clientele, hardly any Chinese people, right? That's because they go to the better places down the road.

wide


not convinced

Post 2

lil' one

try the "Jade Garden" on Wardour Street or "Poons" near the Prince Charles Cinema for a more expensive, but much more relaxed, Chinese meal.


not convinced

Post 3

JJ42 (2^5+(6+6)-2=42)

Hmmm, there were plenty Chinese last August when we visited, the food was fine, but not a place to take a first date, I guess.
Of course the rudeness is a marketing ploy, and they weren't even that rude to us, but we enjoyed the meal anyway smiley - winkeye


not convinced

Post 4

wide_inside

it's just been done up apparently.

wide


not convinced

Post 5

bellatheshewolf93

My family and I go there all the time and the waiters are always really nice to us! Phaa.. I'm surprised that my favourite restaurant has such a reputation smiley - erm but but maybe they're nice to us because my mum's company goes there for lunches.
I'f you're not convinced then maybe you havn't tried the 'roast duck with rice?' -it's not exactly grand but it has me totally addicted! smiley - biggrin And i've always thought that the food must be good because whenever i go the place is full of chinese people enjoying their meal.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more