A Conversation for How to Make a Prophecy

The Rumsfeld Prophecy

Post 1

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

I recall Donald Rumsfeld predicting proudly that Iraq would be in a state of 'shock and awe' when the USA attacked. Well they are! 4,000,000 fled or homeless, and many of those Iraqis remaining are without electricity, water, medicine and other basic needs and from daily TV pictures obviously in 'shock and awe'. Congratulations Mr Rumsfeld, your prediction was right!


The Rumsfeld Prophecy

Post 2

Giford

I remember predicting that the invasion of Iraq would turn into a complete disaster, with the US unable to control the country. My prediction was far more accurate than I could have predicted!

Sadly, I completely failed to predict that no WMD would be found...

Gif smiley - geek


The Rumsfeld Prophecy

Post 3

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

Me too, I remember predicting that the Iraq invasion could become another Viet-Nam. Now they are looking for an exit-stragey. Whatever happened to: We promise to stay the course!


The Rumsfeld Prophecy

Post 4

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

I also predicted that no WMDs would be found. I also predicted that old DC and his cronies would do ok financially.
I didn't predict that 3 ex-oil men would now be running the show: GWB, DC and CR. They got me there. I didn't think they'd have that much brass neck.


Key: Complain about this post