A Conversation for Moving House

An idea...

Post 1

Black Knight

There is one good thing that happens when you move, it's leaving all the junk mail behind that you always get sent even when you have been returning it with the message 'No such address'!
It's simple to do, just pay Royal Mail for 3 months to foward all your mail to your new address. Then for everything that's important simply send of a standard letter of change of address that you wrote before moving - just don't forget to fill in the blank spaces and sign it!
Then after the 3 months you'll find that the junk mail no longer follows you and instead the new owners of your previous property have to deal with it instead!
I found it hilarious when I set up the forwarding post for 1 month over xmas a while after moving, I received one card from a friend I hadn't heard from in ages and hundreds of junk mail letters... these stopped again after the month.
Unfortunately after having lived in my new property for a while I now have a whole new set of junk mail to deal with, plus the previous owners mail... but heh, I can have lots of fun sending it back with funny messages - sad life isn't it!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more