A Conversation for Wagon Wheel Effect

Wagon wheels

Post 1

BuskingBob

The taste certainly hasn't shrunk - they taste as good now as when they first came out. That was a VERY long time ago.


Wagon wheels

Post 2

flea

The thing that shocked me upon my personal Wagon Wheel rediscovery is that they are (gasp) *not* covered in Chocolate but in a Chocolate(ish) flavour coating.


Wagon wheels

Post 3

Patacakex

You know when I purchased a Wagon Wheel and prepared to bit into it...... I was imagining the delightful texture of the biscuit covered with yes - chocolate. I was absolutely horrifed to find that (and I am sure I am right) the biscuit is something quite different from the one in the original Wagon Wheel which I used to purchase in the 1950's. Another thing is that I agree entirely that the chocolate covering is not the same. As for the size........ er........... could it be we've grown larger and the Wagon Wheel just seems smaller??????????


Wagon wheels

Post 4

MaW

The wagon wheel could be smaller, could be the same size, I'm not sure as I've never noticed them shrinking myself. I do think they used to have a thicker coating on them though - and I also think it's disgraceful that they're not coated in real chocolate.


Wagon wheels

Post 5

rainbowJammyDodger

wagon wheels are totally the biscuit of my childhood! but they are SO much smaller than they used to be. in fact, i've written a story about that very thing that you can read here: http://www.everyobject.net/object.php?id=999smiley - tea oooh just thinking about having nice wagon wheel with a cup of tea ...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more