A Conversation for The Boo Radleys - the Band

My favourite Boos song

Post 1

Yoz

"Barney And Me" (from Giant Steps)

GS is the only album of theirs I really know properly, despite owning some of the others. It's really worth finding the singles from around that time since the B-sides are fantastic too ("Peachy Keen", "Furthur" and "Touchdown Jesus" in particular). And Kris Needs' (Secret Knowledge) remix of "Lazarus" is epic.

-- Yoz


My favourite Boos song

Post 2

Martin Pollard

Yes, I quite agree that the Boos' b-sides are great. Other recommendations? For a great adrenalin-rush pop song listen to 'Don't Take Your Gun to Town' from the 'Find the Answer Within' single; or the trip-hoppy remix of 'Everything Is Sorrow' on 'Ride the Tiger'.


My favourite Boos song

Post 3

slogan

The Boos are incredibly good. No, good's the wrong word. Fantastic might come close, but I'll never understand why more people didn't like them. When they split up my friends couldn't stop laughing at my distress - I'm still getting over it.
Favourite song at the mo is Ultra Living's remix of Bullfrog Green. Previously difficult ones to get into, Four Saints and Fortunate Sons from C'mon Kids are also now up there.


My favourite Boos song

Post 4

El Bartos

Everything Is Sorrow from come on kids is proably my favourite Boo's track. From The Bench at Belvedere was godlike and as for b sides Bloke In A Dress every time.

I was fortunate enough to see what I think was their last gig at the Virgin megastore for the Kingsize release, which was top.. it is tragic that it ended so quickly after that.


My favourite Boos song

Post 5

El Bartos

Everything Is Sorrow from come on kids is proably my favourite Boo's track. From The Bench at Belvedere was godlike and as for b sides Bloke In A Dress every time.

I was fortunate enough to see what I think was their last gig at the Virgin megastore for the Kingsize release, which was top.. it is tragic that it ended so quickly after that.


My favourite Boos song

Post 6

Fraggle

Album track: "Does this hurt?" from Everything's... just pips the live version of "Lazarus" from Glastonbury (my mate was there. Wanker!)

B-side: gotta be all 3 on the Barney... 12". Lovely acoustic mellowness. With trumpets!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more