A Conversation for Orkney's Cliffs and Beaches

Exxcellent entry

Post 1

Z

But then I would think that wouldn't I smiley - winkeye


Exxcellent entry

Post 2

frenchbean

smiley - laugh

So when are you heading up to Orkney???

Less than 7 weeks and I'll be on that boat smiley - biggrinsmiley - oksmiley - magic

smiley - cheers
Fb smiley - starsmiley - star


Exxcellent entry

Post 3

Z

I'm going to the Outer Hebridies two weeks on Friday.

smiley - yikes -its two days after the exams I'm revising for! And I'm scared.


Exxcellent entry

Post 4

Z

I'm going to the Outer Hebridies two weeks on Friday.

smiley - yikes -its two days after the exams I'm revising for!


Exxcellent entry

Post 5

Z

(yes I know that's not the Orkneys' but it's closer than I am at the moment)


Exxcellent entry

Post 6

frenchbean

Hey Z smiley - smiley

If you ever get up there, don't call it *the Orkneys*. They really don't like that. It's Orkney. Plain and simple.

I do have to point out that whilst the Outer Hebrides may be closer as the crow flies, it actually takes no longer to get to Orkney, because the road north (A9 most of the way) is a LOT better than having to cross over to Ullapool/wherever to get to Lewis, Harris, Benbecula etc. Which island/s are you visiting?

Can we expect an Entry when you get back? smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers
Fbsmiley - starsmiley - star


Exxcellent entry

Post 7

Z

Ok I'll remember that.

I'm doing a six week placement on Stornoway on Lewis, but I'll have the weekends off to visit other Islands though it'll be a bit difficult without a car. I'm hoping to visit a good few of the other islands.

I'm not driving up anyway - I'm treking up on public transport on the sleeper to Inverness - and then a combination of smiley - bus and Ferry to Lewis.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Orkney's Cliffs and Beaches

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more