A Conversation for Attention Spans

coffee

Post 21

Zipo Bibrok

lord what would I do for a cup of coffee. Just now I am sitting in my computing class with a wait of another 30 min. before i can get coffe. Err what are we speaking about


coffee

Post 22

KimotoCat

Right!
Good!
Now I'm back with my coffee. But, erhh, what are we debating here???


Big problems!

Post 23

Mavis

I beg to differ regarding the things we think about...... women? no way
cos i think about MEN


Big problems!

Post 24

KimotoCat

Hear! Hear!


Big problems!

Post 25

Cheerful Dragon

Apparently, in the average meeting, 80% of attendees are thinking about sex and 10% are asleep. I've been guilty of both, although I try not to fall asleep.


Big problems!

Post 26

KimotoCat

What are the last 10% thinking about?

Appearantly men are said to think about sex at least three times every hour. I dunno who counted it. Or how... smiley - winkeye


Big problems!

Post 27

Is mise Duncan

I was told it was every 7 minutes.
I would conduct an experiment but the very fact of wondering how often I think about sex is thinking about sex thus distorting the results (no pun intended smiley - smiley )


Big problems!

Post 28

Cheerful Dragon

The last 10% are paying attention to the subject of the meeting, or at least claim to.smiley - bigeyes

I once saw a program about sex (can't remember who did it, but it was on British TV a few years ago) and they gave a number of men and women a counter each. The subjects of the survey had to press a button to increment the counter every time they thought about sex. According to this survey, women thought about sex more often than men. A number of thoughts spring to mind.

1) What if the men were thinking about sex more often, but were embarassed to admit how often? Or they just forgot to press the button?
2) Were enough people surveyed for the results to be meaningful?
3) Was a wide enough variety of people surveyed? It's a bit like the people who volunteer to go on programmes like Jerry Springer or Ricki Lake. If the people volunteered to be surveyed for this program, how valid are the findings?


coffee

Post 29

Kiz

It was either coffee or attention spans. I'm not sure which.

Oh heck, I just read the whole thing. I must be rare indeed, to read the whole thread.

And I haven't thought about sex in the last 24 hours.

And I'm a guy.

I think I'll shut my pie hole now, I'm embarassing myself.


coffee

Post 30

Is mise Duncan

Oh no - we've only got the awful instant coffee today. I shall be doing sniff-all work in protest smiley - smiley.


coffee

Post 31

KimotoCat

Anyway, let's get back to the issue here!
I think that Carthago should be destroyed!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more