A Conversation for How To Run A Radio Show In The UK
Who wrote this????
chrisb1974 Started conversation Nov 22, 2007
1. Presenting a radio show is not like driving a car and is not about pushing buttons. My 5 year old daughter can press buttons but can't do a radio show!
2. The British Broadcasting Authority make the rules? OFCOM (previously known as the Radio Authority) write the rules on broadcasting.
3. You won't necessarily be given a "graveyard shift" if taken on at a local radio station.
4. It is definitely not a legal requirement to play this say 3 times an hour.
5. Most stations use analogue tape to play jingles? Since when....? the 80's? "Most" are triggered off computer.
6. "Almost all radio is live".... not true at all. I've worked at 75 stations and nearly all did a considerable amount of pre-recorded/voice tracked shows.
Key: Complain about this post