A Conversation for Student Food

Here's one:

Post 1

Milliway

I once discovered an awsome meal...
Tomato soup (made with milk- not water) and a grilled cheese sandwich made with pepperoni added in the cheese- if you dip the sandwich in the soup, it tastes EXACTLY like pizza.......no joke.


Here's one:

Post 2

Farrago the guitar wielding lil girl

Student life sounds worrying! (I won't be a student till next year)

Anyway, here's another tomato soup recipe I've heard of:

Get a load of rice
Get a tin of tomato soup
Put rice in soup and boil it until it's cooked

The rice is meant to soak up some of the soup so it goes all gloupy.

Yummy!

Farrago the guitar wielding lil girl


cheap tomato soup/tomato juice for a bloody mary

Post 3

FelineFrenzy

if you just mix tomato purée and water you get quite good tomato juice, so if you mix it up a bit stronger (remembering still that a little goes a long way) with a bit of milk too and a small amount of cream cheese (optional), you get a rather nice tomato soup. Add herbs/worcester sauce/tabasco/left over pasta for variety.
FF
smiley - blackcat


'baked' stuff in a plate

Post 4

prof davda

this is actually deliciuos, and extremly filling, for those times when you can only afford one meal a day!

stab two medium sized potatoes with some sort of sharp implement (if knives, forks etc. are in short supply)

dump these in a plate with a bit of water.

chuck them in the microwave for 5 mins.

turn them over and put in for another 5 mins

(i know, they actually cook, ah the marvels of technology)

while this was all going on you should have been trying to pry open a tin of beans and grating some cheese.

when the potatoes are done cut them in half, mash them up a bit with butter, add salt + pepper etc and cheese, pour over the beans, add more cheese.

now chuck it all back in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and voi la.

it'll probably be quite hot from all that microwaving, so i'd suggest waiting a bit.


'baked' stuff in a plate

Post 5

palsch

Ah, the joys of nuking food till it turns black!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more