A Conversation for Cartoons

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Post 1

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

A notable omission from the list.

Wonderful on all levels. Adventures of 'moose and squirrel', and their nemesis: Natasha and Boris. Back in the good ole days when the good guys were wonderful and the bad guys wore black hats.

BTW, if anyone else remembers, Boris and Natasha's full names were 'Boris Badenov' and 'Natasha Fatale'. And I still have a sweatshirt from Bullwinkle's alma mater: "Wattsamatta U?"

The show also included 'Fractured Fairy Tales' and 'Dudley DooRight of the Mounties' 'Peabody's Improbable History--featuring Professor Peabody [the dog] and Sherman, his pet boy'

They dont make cartoons like that any more.

}:=8


Rocky and Bullwinkle

Post 2

Ormondroyd

Sadly, I don't think we ever got Rocky & Bullwinkle on British TV, although I do remember seeing the show advertised in the back of my imported DC comics!
The names of the villains are interesting. A sign of the (Cold War) times in which Rocky & Bullwinkle was made, perhaps?


Rocky and Bullwinkle

Post 3

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

What a tragic loss!!! No Rocky and Bullwinkle?????

You need to get copies of the few episodes that exist on video tape. Although it probably wont be the same as watching them on TV. Great fun, and great satire at the same time. full of punny stuff, too.

And yes, Boris and Natasha were definitely from the Cold War era. All you had to do is listen to their accents. Although they probably were also influenced by 30s and 40s espionage movies.

It was rich stuff.

}:=8


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more