A Conversation for 'The Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy' - the Film

Kids In the Hall. . . LIVE!

Post 1

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

I'M GOING TO SEE THEM LIVE IN 2 DAYS! (sorry, sorry, got a little excited.)

If you want, I'll let you know how it was when I get home.


Kids In the Hall. . . LIVE!

Post 2

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

*jealous voice*

Please do!


Kids In the Hall. . . LIVE!

Post 3

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

IT WAS SOOOOOOOO COOL!!!!!!

They were so good. They did a lot of old sketches. Like, the chicken lady, the Pit of Ultimate Darkness, Gavin, the cops, Mr Heavyfoot, the headcrusher guy, and a few other sketches that didn't have recurring characters.

Most of it was old, but the new stuff was good too, especially "Jesus 2000".

Oh, it was so awsome. It was really cool when they would interact with the audience. One time (one summer) when Bruce was doing a monologue when he came out a bunch of people were yelling "BRUUUUUCE" and he laughed and said, "they're booing me". And this guy had this sign and Bruce looked at it for while and gave the guy a thumbs up, but then said that he couldn't read it, he just looked at it for a count of four. That was really funny.

They even did a kind of encore, they did the sketch where they're all talking about this guy that was dead, because they killed him (To Reg!). They picked a guy from the front row to be in it. People kept yelling things during it, and Kevin was really cute, because whenever he was talking people were yelling that they loved him and stuff and he would just say thank you an keep saying his lines. The guy from the audience was so lucky. After the show, my friend was in the bathroom with some girls that were with the guy and they said that he got invited to come and party at the hotel with the Kids. I am so jealous of those people.

Altogether it was super rad. Our seats were a lot closer than I thought they would be, and I got some good pictures. They're kind of far away (but in reality, it wasn't as far as it looks in the pictures), but you can tell who they are. I am so happy I got to see them.

I think that they have a new show, and that's why they're on tour. I heard that it's already on air in Canada. I hope that this is true. The Kids in the Hall rule!!!!!! smiley - smiley


Kids In the Hall. . . LIVE!

Post 4

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Perhaps they'll release a live video or something smiley - smiley

I've been hoping the tour means they're doing a new show. Let's face it, they haven't really become superstars since ending the old show. Dave did pretty good for a while, but with NewsRadio dead and no recent movies he must need something to do..........Did you ever hear Bruce's album Shame Based Man? It's pretty funny, with some stuff that came directly from the show and lots of stuff I'd never heard before.

Are you a NewsRadio fan?


Kids In the Hall. . . LIVE!

Post 5

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

No, I haven't heard Bruce's album. I'll have to get it, since he is my favorite.

I like News Radio a lot, but I never watched it on a regular basis. (Kind of like the Cure, I love them, but never felt the need to buy any of their albums.) My favorite episodes are the one where Bill commits himself and meets Jon Lovitz (Cigarette...) and the Halloween one where Dave doesn't want to dress in drag. I thought it was one of the better shows of recent times.

It's funny, my friend Jeni loves News Radio. She watches it every night on syndication. She gave me instructions to get Dave's autograph for her (if I met him, which I didn't smiley - sadface ), and to tell him that she watched News Radio every night. That's not the funny part, which I just realized, she really loves the Cure too, and owns a lot of their stuff. Spooky.

Sorry to go into all this stuff about liking this so much while my friend likes it this much and so on. I am interested in patterns in society. And the things a person likes and the improtance they place on them can tell you a lot. Why do you think I read the stuff you wrote? smiley - winkeye

GreyRose


Kids In the Hall. . . LIVE!

Post 6

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I see. Well then......
NewsRadio
http://www.h2g2.com/a170353

Be sure to let me know when you start writing smiley - smiley

-TVF


Kids In the Hall. . . LIVE!

Post 7

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

Don't worry, I will. I think the first thing I'm going to write is an entry on Blondie. They are my favorite band, so I know a lot about them. It will probably be a while, because whenever I write stuff I have to do many drafts, and I wont put it up here until I think it's the best I can do.

GreyRose


I WILL follow through.

Post 8

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

I just did a search on Blondie and at least 5 people said that they were going to write entries on Blondie. Most of these were from some time ago. I have to make sure I'm not one of these people.


I WILL follow through.

Post 9

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I'm hoping my Simpsons article will beat everyone else to the punch. I've checked a few times and no one has submitted anything on The Simpsons yet, which I find odd.


I WILL follow through.

Post 10

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

I think that's odd too. I need to get cracking on my Blondie article.

You know what else is odd, I thought I had something I had wanted to tell you and forgotten it, but I was just meaning to read your thing on dish sculpting or whatever it was because it sounded interesting. Come to think of it, it's not all that odd. Especially the part about me forgetting what I was thinking about. smiley - winkeye

GreyRose


Key: Complain about this post