A Conversation for Insults

Shakespeare insults

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

"You juggler, you cankerblossom!" Midsummer Might's Dream

That's what my pc's screen saver issmiley - winkeye


Shakespeare insults

Post 2

Iohnny cCmndhd

and of course we cannot forget the diatribe of Kent towards Oswald in King Lear(2.2.15 and on). one of the greatest insults ever.


Shakespeare insults

Post 3

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Well when I read King Lear I will be sure to agreesmiley - smiley

Currently I'm working on a solo talk for school about of all things, Professor Gunther von Hagens and his Plastinates which I have ended my talk with one of my favourite Shakespeare quotes...ok he's a little out of place but I think it works.

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players,
They all have their exits and their entrances."


Shakespeare insults

Post 4

Mippy Mouse

My favourite insult from Shakespeare is "A pox on your throat you bawling, blashphmous, uncharitable dog!" Its quite a feat to get that one into a conversation I can tell you, I've managed it once. Well they annoyed me! It's best yelled at great volume, instant winner! Can't quite remeber which play it comes from but think its The Tempest.


Shakespeare insults

Post 5

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

I couldn't tell you, it's been that long since I've watched or read the tempest I've lost all memory of anything! Or maybe that's just the exams talking?


Shakespeare insults

Post 6

Javert

The insult you mention is indeed from the Tempest and also used as the line of a song in Bob Carlton's amazing and hilarious 'Return to the Forbidden Planet' based on the sci-fi film Forbidden planet and Shakespeare's Tempest It's filled to the brim with Shakespeare quotes and rock'n'roll. Well worth a watch if it comes to your local theatre.


Shakespeare insults

Post 7

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Coolsmiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post