A Conversation for Mr Potato Head

Movie Star

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Mr Potato Head rocketed to stardom when he was chosen for the part of 'Mr Potato Head' in the smash hit 'Toy Story'. Head played the part of the cynical onlooker, unimpressed by either of the two main characters, Woody and Buzz Lightyear. Great use was made of his removable parts by the film directors, who recquired him to have all his features smashed off at one point in the film. And this in a U Certificate kiddy's movie!

Such was Head's success in the part, that he returned in the sequel, Toy Story 2, now married to a nagging wife, Mrs Potato Head.

Mr Potato Head also featured as the main character in a children's PC game called 'Mr Potato Head'. Accompanied by his daughter, Sweet Potato, he must travel to Emerald City ... no, wait, that was a different one. He must travel to the fair and find some way of bringing back water so that all the little potato heads can grow.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more