A Conversation for Schrebergaerten

Allotments

Post 1

Lee

In England we have something similar - except there are some subtle differences in the implementation:

1. Anybody can get an allotment - not just those without gardens.
2. Nobody knows how to get one or even knows someone who has one.
3. They are hidden away on land that is only overlooked by train lines.

There is obviously something going on here that we should investigate further.



Allotments

Post 2

Root

Well, I live in Aachen, Germany, near the border to Belgium and the Netherlands. And actually right around the corner there is a huge Schrebergartenanlage! And by "huge" I mean "huge". It is really funny to walk through it and look at all the stuff the people pack into the garden and garden houses... Just start with those tiny statues - the Gartenzwerge! By the way: Editor, you could add an entry about Gartenzwerge! I can't help, but it seems to me that those Schrebergaerten are not very innovative - a brooding place of political conservatives. At least this is what people say!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more