A Conversation for Pro-Wrestling

Incorrect incorrect!

Post 1

MadHamish : Off in the real world!

In the beinning of this piece, there is a reference to "American" wrestlers including Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho. Both of these lads are very, very Canadian. both of them studied with the legendary Stu Hart, father of Bret "Hitman" Hart and the late Owen Hart. It may be nit picking, but I have Canadian relatives and they despise being called American in nay way shape or form. National identity and all!

MH
(I prefer the real thing, not pretend pugilism!)


Incorrect incorrect!

Post 2

Ford 'ix' Prefect

look here mate i am an americian and i watch te WWe in tv and i KNOW what is going on is fake but it is a fun fake.... most people will adopt what is called a Suspended disbelief of reality for the sake of a few hours entertainment... i mean there are no real super powered beings yet we cheer fot the super-heroic 'hurricaine' none the less most of todays wrestleing fans pretty much know the deal case in point the rock's 'supension' around the time the scorpion king was relieced was ment to allow him to make the required tours that any movie star has to when his film is being shown... i suspect one of mick foley's 'fireings' at the hands of vince mcmahon was to free him to do a book tour promoteing his book have a nice day.

yes there is an international roster in the WWE but the style is 100% american.

rember where your towel is

FP


Incorrect incorrect!

Post 3

MadHamish : Off in the real world!

Hold on there my unimaginatively named friend. I wasn't going on a slamming rampage, I don't mind a bit of WWE from time to time, but I am a genuine pugilist and can fight for real any day of the week. that's all, live it, not watch it y'know! Anyway, I was only saying that Benoit and Jericho are Canadian and the piece said they were otherwise. If you can't take a little constructive criticism then, don't put yourself up for it in the first place. I am correct, you are not (in this case) deal with it!

MH
(I hear that all wrestlers are homo's too! smiley - winkeye )


Incorrect incorrect!

Post 4

Dark Side of the Goon

Benoit and Jericho, Edge, Christian and a number of other wrestlers are Canadian.

That should have been caught by me when I did the writing for the piece and I can't believe it got by me!

If only you had been in Peer Review when I submitted this there, MadHamish, your comments would have resulted in me not looking like a twit. Thanks for the correction.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more