A Conversation for WYSIWYG

WYSINWYG

Post 1

Martin Rex

This is most obvious in the commercial industry, maybe any industry after some thinking.
I'll say it again,
What You See Is Not What You Get

Wow... This conversation is kinda dead...


WYSINWYG

Post 2

Myriad

Not yet . . .

Acronyms are alive and well and pervade Internet chat rooms.

lol is a particularly nasty one - supposedly meaning "laughs out loud" but actually meaning "I thought what you just wrote was a load of twaddle but I will placate you by pretending to be amused in the fervant hope that you will sod off and die"

If you come across any more ridiculous acronyms please feel free to bore us all with them . . .






Myriad.


WYSINWYG

Post 3

Researcher 195837

"NIMBY" is becoming very popular in the states when let's say a large industrial complex wants to build a toxin-producing manufacturing plant that will bring jobs to the area. It'll be great for the county as long as it's "not in my back yard".


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more