A Conversation for Biological Weapons

Anthrax

Post 1

JAR (happy to be back, but where's Ping?)

As a former army waterpurifier, I learned a little bit about anthrax. Nasty bugger.
As a weapon, anthrax comes in small capsules (say 10 ml a piece) and can be carried safely, if kept dry. The capsule is then dropped into a water source, in my case it would be dropped in one of our cisterns (holding 3000litre of water). That capsule would disintegrate and contaminate the water with Anthrax. Being invisible and tasteless (as bacteria often is) it would be impossible to detect normally, and water distribution would make sure as good as everyone was infected withing the first day. The next day half of the batalion would be dead. On the second day since contamiation, everyone was dead.

I so happy people are spending lots and lots of their lives coming up with these kind of things.

JAR, no longer army boy


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more