A Conversation for Dross Pots

Dross Drawers

Post 1

Jake the Snake

At last I can speak freely. I had no idea that others knew about Dross Pots, or more specifically, Dross Drawers, the ultimate extension of a Dross Pots. Yes, I have a Dross Drawer. I've had one since I was seven years old, several decades ago. I've always called it my "junk" drawer, but "Dross" has a colour to it that seems to fit better, so I will use that term from now on. In my Dross Drawer I have things that one doesn't discuss in polite company, and I have things that are just plain totally useless, like bits of cellophane wrapper. Mostly, though, Pip described it perfectly - old pens and pins and buttons and crayons and birthday cards and stuff I just can't bring myself to throw out. Perhaps I think, subconsciously, that to discard these things would be to discard part of me...


Dross Capsules

Post 2

jqr

I always like to compare my apartment with Mir. Basically, just like Mir, everything that is brought in to the apt must be brought out (or it just stays there, getting in your way while you take a shower). So I end up with drawers and pots and boxes of dross that I brought into the apartment but am now so attached to that I can't get rid of.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more