A Conversation for Sushi

Sushi in London

Post 1

Anglia

If you're in London and want to try sushi, then try Gili Gulu.
It's off Leicester Square, on Upper St Martin's Lane, near Stringfellows. WC2H9EF. I guess someone else can write about Stringfellows.

It may not be the best sushi in the world (the best sushi and sashimi in the world are to be found in Kesennuma, Miyagi-ken, northern Japan), but it has its advantages.

The quality is fine, and as it's always busy, with items being prepared on-the-spot, you know it's fresh.

You can eat as much as you want off the conveyor belt for £13 (at the time of writing).

If you get fed up of sushi, there are also a number of Chinese items, in addition to vegetarian items (such as the delicious green beans, or the fried mass of seaweed masquerading as green hair) on the conveyor belt.

Try one plate of deep fried banana, but not more. It's nothing like sushi, but an interesting taste nevertheless.




Key: Complain about this post

Sushi in London

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more