A Conversation for Gazpacho Soup

Red Dwarf

Post 1

MaW

I suppose everybody expects someone to mention Red Dwarf after hearing about Gazpacho soup. If anybody doesn't know, Red Dwarf is a TV series in which one of the characters, the total social incompetant, is convinced the failure of his entire career goes down to dinner with the captain when he complained about his gazpacho soup being cold, not knowing it was supposed to be served chilled. Of course, until now I didn't know what was in Gazpacho soup, but now I do I might be tempted to try it.


Red Dwarf

Post 2

Peta

I didn't know about the Red Dwarf link either. Glad you mentioned it!


Red Dwarf

Post 3

26199

*grin* I was just scrolling down t' the forums to mention that...

Some more info for you: apparently, this was based on an experience which one/both of the writers (Rob Grant and Doug Naylor) had... they didn't actually go so far as to complain about the soup being cold, but they were certainly relieved when they found out it was supposed to be like that...

And of course their experience immediately suggested what would happen if someone was unfortunate enough to send the stuff back...

(Source: 'Red Dwarf Programme Guide', I think it's called)

Even more useless info... in one of the books (which contradict each other and the TV series), Rimmer's failing career is, in fact, *not his fault*... his brothers were given Encyclo Implants (or some such) as young children... and thus had all the knowledge they needed to do well in Space Academy. When it was time for Rimmer's implant, his Father's business folded, and his parents couldn't afford to get him one. (The book is 'Last Human'; in all the others, Rimmer's failure is his own fault, or at least this is implied)

Hmmmm... mayhap I should write an entry on this?


Red Dwarf

Post 4

26199

Hehe, failing memory here... there is of course already an accepted entry on the subject...

Let me rephrase that last bit. Mayhap I should offer my services to increase the information content of the current article?


Red Dwarf

Post 5

%The Calamitous Cranium Boy Who Just got his first approved article (eight weeks ago!!) ~/^Þ


{gasp}
{wheeze}
Ges-pah-cho... Soupe....
{cough}

smiley - bigeyes

Soup-er!


Red Dwarf

Post 6

26199

smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more