A Conversation for 'Star Wars' - the Films

The Force

Post 1

The Apprentice

So, no mention that in the original films the Force was an all-encompassing power that existed throughout the Universe, a power upon which the Jedi and Sith drew freely, with certain training for greater control; and then in Phantom Menace we are told, off hand, that no one can naturally draw upon and control the Force without having Midichlorians in their bodies - tiny, tiny symbiotic entities that provide the link between Jedi/Sith and the Force.

And, Yoda and Obi-Wan are the only Jedi survivors that we are made aware of in the later movies - they are not the only survivors for certain. Apart from Luke and Leia, the Expanded Universe highlights are number of Jedi (and Sith). And there are also the natural Force users who never become either Jedi or Sith, much as Anakin would have been if Qui-Gon hadn't chanced upon him.

The Apprentice
smiley - scientist


The Force

Post 2

Oberon2001 (Scout)

Whatever.
Oberon2001


The Force

Post 3

The Apprentice

Wow... is that how you get a job as an ACE? Here's me thinking my cynicism and blinkered indifference might get in my way of applying...

smiley - laugh

I thought it was worth mentioning because Star Wars had been chugging along with the Force being something mystic and inexplicable for almost 25 years - and then Lucas made it all scientific and measurable in The Phantom Menace.

Just thought that might have been worth a mention...

Guess not...

The Apprentice
smiley - scientist


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more