A Conversation for Girl Scout Cookies

Girl Scout cookies

Post 1

Lord Groundhog

Of course, the mint variety is most popular. Some of my reasons are as follows.

First, They're fantastic as cookies. A glass of milk and a plate of GS-Mints is a great antidote to a hard day of school, work or whatever. The combination of rich chocolate and mintie coolness keeps it fresh and interesting (note: we always got dark, not the more cloying milk chocolate). In my family we always found it easy to open the next pack; a few are never enough, are they? And BTW, why is it that the Girl Scout mint cookies seem to taste so much better than imitations?

Second, they obviously have medicinal properties. Am I the only one who remembers staying home from school sick, and then suddenly feeling so much better after my Mom brought me a couple of GS-Mints on my lunch tray? (Of course like any powerful medicine they also could make you feel ill if you polished off a box or two at one sitting, but that's life.)

Third, take a bite from your GS-Mint and then dip it into a cup of hot cocoa; the taste is amazing! The cocoa soaks and softens the cookie part, but the chocolate outside keeps it from crumbling like ordinary cookies.

Fourth, they're versatile: they can be bought in quantity and a few dozen can be frozen until summer. Come the 4th of July, they can be served after the barbecue as an alternative/accompaniment to ice cream, watermelon, etc. They thaw quickly, and the cold mint chocolate flavor is like a refreshing fireworks display for the mouth.

That seems like a good place to stop. I have a plate of GS-Mints and a glass of milk to see to.

-- Lord Groundhog


Girl Scout cookies

Post 2

Researcher CrumblyMaud

The one inalienable truth about Girl Scout cookies is: Once you open the box, they're gone, man.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more