A Conversation for Operating a Chlorinated Swimming Pool

Heating

Post 1

KateBygrave

What about heating? Heating is soo important!

My pool has a heat exchanger, it works on the same principles as a refrigerator and is quite economical to run. Yesterday the pool temperature was 36 Celcius, which is just about right for me, but it could go higher!!

There are also other heaters (gas or electric) which physically heat the water, but I think they are more suited to indoor pools that require winter heating.

Using a heat exchanger; I can extend it's use from about March/April until September/October. That's six months use. Without it, I'd be lucky to get three I think.

Unless you live in warmer climes (I'm in the UK) or the pool is indoors or don't care if you don't use it much; you need heating.

There are two basic types; those that heat the water by means of electricity or gas and those that remove the heat from the atmosphere (heat exchangers) a bit like a refrigerator.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Operating a Chlorinated Swimming Pool

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more