A Conversation for Public Toilets

Bashful bladder

Post 1

Arthur

I often have the problem of "bashful bladder", the inability to "perform" at the urinal when others are present. In fact, I even avoid going if other people are there, or go into a cubicle. It often leads to embarrassment if someone enters just as I'm about to go, then I either have to wait for the other person to leave, or just give up, leaving without relief! It's particularly bad at a crowded concert or pub, where ten guys are queued up waiting to be next... I know I'm not the only sufferer in the world, but I don't know how common this condition is. Is there a cure???


Bashful bladder

Post 2

Spacechick

Well, Arthur, I don't know what use my cure might be for you, as it involves me stuffing my fingers into my ears with a version of the ol' Bugblatter Beast assumption - if I can't hear them, then of course they can't hear me! This worked so well that I don't even have to do it any more. But this may be a little difficult to do standing at a urinal, especially since you can see your fellow man as well as hear him, unless you are willing to use a stall instead. I have no idea what the implications of such an action would be, as I am not that familiar with the customs of this strange land of "Men's Restroom." You could always try wrapping your towel around your head ...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more