A Conversation for The Blandings Saga by PG Wodehouse

Described by Sean O'Casey as "English literature's performing flea

Post 1

flyingtwinkle

Foremost among his critics was A. A. Milne, author of the "Winnie the Pooh" books; Wodehouse got some revenge by creating a ridiculous character named "Timothy Bobbin," who starred in hilarious parodies of some of Milne's children's poetry.Woodhouse was nicknamed 'Plum'When World War II broke out in 1939 he remained at his seaside home in Le Touquet, France He was subsequently taken prisoner by the Germans While at Tost, he entertained his fellow prisoners with witty dialogues, which, after being released from internment a few months short of his 60th birthday, he used as the basis for a series of radio broadcasts he was persuaded by the Germans to make from Berlin He was made a Knight of the British Empire (KBE) in 1975, shortly before his death. It is widely believed that the honor was not given earlier because of lingering resentment about the German broadcasts.


Key: Complain about this post

Described by Sean O'Casey as "English literature's performing flea

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more