A Conversation for Worcestershire Sauce

Factual error.

Post 1

mintguy

this chap wasn't a Governor-General of Bengal, his name does not appear on this list (http://sify.com/itihaas/fullstory.php?id=13263084), so someone's got their facts muddled.


Factual error and some truth!

Post 2

saucymember

Would it surprise anyone to know that on the 1891 England Census at 37 Perdiswell Cottage in South Claines, Worcestershire, England lived Albert Mansfield age 51 born Ireland with wife and family and he was an Accountant/Sauce Manufacturer. On 27May1891 on the ship Teutonic they sailed for the Port of New York for a new life in America maybe bringing the sauce recipe with them as next they are found on Bouquet St. in Pittsburg Wd. 14 Allegheny County Pennsylvania U.S. and he is listed as a Sauce Manufacturer. Further in 1910 they are in New York City and serving as a Bookkeeper in Grocery business. His descendants are my cousins living in Connecticut and they always knew their grandfather was from Worcestershire, England where they make Worcestershire Sauce.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more