A Conversation for The World's Best Kebab Shops

Concerning the kebab shops of Holloway Road, and the Holloway Best Kebab in particular

Post 1

the_notorious_twic

I lived in Holloway for two years - within spitting distance of the new Arsenal stadium. Over that time, i developed a degree of familiarity with its many delights, and its kebab shops in particular.

It is therefore with a great deal of certainty that i can say that the Crystal Charcoal is not the best kebab shop on the Holloway Road. Indeed, i don't even think it's an outstandingly good kebab shop. Rather, the laurels rest upon the head of the aptly, if un-modestly, named Holloway Best Kebab, located about halfway between the tube station and the Nag's Head. The food is quite simply properly done - decent meat, well prepared, with powerfully flavoured sauces; their special kebabs, such as the iskender and beyti, are particularly good. They also do good lahmacun, stews and a few other bits and bobs.

The Night Star, if it's the place i'm thinking of, is also pretty good. It was done up in mid-2006, and now serves an excellent array of dishes, including quail shish and wonderful pork cutlets, all done over the charcoal.


Key: Complain about this post

Concerning the kebab shops of Holloway Road, and the Holloway Best Kebab in particular

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more