A Conversation for Rick Rescorla - Security Manager and Hero

h2g2's usual standard of accuracy

Post 1

Hoovooloo


I apologise if the rest of the entry is wonderful, but I was pulled up to a halt by the second word. Given that the date in question is probably the most memorable recent date in anyone's life in the Western world - akin, one might think, to Kennedy's assassination - it simply boggles my mind that nobody here either cares or has noticed: "Thursday 11 September, 2001".

On this planet, there was no Thursday 11 September, 2001. On this planet, as I and no doubt a large proportion of the population remember only too painfully clearly, the Day The World Changed was a Tuesday.

Based on recent experience I fully expect a Scout to turn up and insult me for pointing this out, as current policy seems to be shoot the messenger, rather than make any effort to get these things right (or at the very least not egregiously wrong) in the first place.

I do intend to read the rest of the entry. I hope the rest of it has been checked for accuracy slightly more thoroughly than the first sentence... but I doubt it.

SoRB


h2g2's usual standard of accuracy

Post 2

Danny B

The change has been made.


h2g2's usual standard of accuracy

Post 3

Icy North

Thanks SoRB, and thanks Danny for fixing it so quickly!

I've absolutely no idea how I got it wrong in the first place. smiley - erm


A quick cross-reference, only because I like cross-references

Post 4

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

F47997?thread=3104342


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more