A Conversation for Temperature Scales

absolute zero

Post 1

Shipwrecked

In the Fahrenheit and Celsius sections, the rationale for establishing 0 is explained in terms of what freezes at that temperature. But for Kelvin, you simply mentioned absolute zero. To be consistent, perhaps you should add a sentence to explain what absolute zero is in real terms.

All in all, it's a concise, informative entry. Well done!

Shipwrecked


absolute zero

Post 2

Shipwrecked

Ohhhhhhhh... CRAP!! I just noticed "absolute zero" is a hyperlink!

Never mind, I'm a complete idiot......

Shipwrecked (and obviously potty on fermented coconut juice)


absolute zero

Post 3

Whisky

smiley - laugh

Thanks for answering your own question smiley - winkeye

Hmm, any chance of sending me some of that fermented coconut juice - it sounds like good stuff smiley - drunk


absolute zero

Post 4

Shipwrecked

I recommend you stick to whiskey, Whisky. This coconut brew is vile, detestable stuff! Alas, it's all I have to relieve the tedium of this desolate wasteland where I've washed ashore. However, it does suffice to wash down the fire-roasted cockroaches....

Shipwrecked


absolute zero

Post 5

Whisky

smiley - yikes Sounds pretty awful... where do I send the emergency rescue kit containing a bottle of scotch then smiley - winkeye


absolute zero

Post 6

Shipwrecked


Aaaaahhhh.... you're too kind, Whisky!

Well, the next time you take a jaunt down to Marseilles or Nice, you can drop your bottle of scotch in the mediterranean and let the currents carry it out past Gibralter, across the Atlantic, southwards around Cape Horn (if the Limeys on the Falklands don't pluck it out of the water) and up the coasts of South America and Mexico (hopefully it doesn't get trapped in the Baja Peninsula) until it makes its way to California. I'll go stand on Venice Beach and watch for it!

smiley - biggrin

Shipwrecked


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more