A Conversation for Hangover Cures

Hot bath

Post 1

slarti-bardfast


I know baths are somewhat out of fashion these days but from a medical point of view the effect of total emmersion is very different from a shower.

Research at the Bath Mineral Waters Hospital showed that several hours of sitting in the luke-warm mineral waters considerably reduces the level of lead in blood of a sample of lead foundry workers.

The conclusion was that the weightlessness somehow helped kidney and liver function.


Personal research conducted over many years has shown that and hour or more of emmersion in a reasonably hot bath does wonders for a hangover.



PS
Prevention is better than cure, so a) dont get blind drunk, b) if it's too late, drink about 3pts of water before going to bed and put a jug of water next to the bed for when you wake up. This will greatly reduce the degree of the now inevitable hangover.

Also dont take aspirin or painkillers, hangovers are nature's way of telling you not to get pissed: suffer and remember.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more