A Conversation for The Duckworth/Lewis Method of Resetting Targets in One-day Cricket

Good and easy explanation

Post 1

Phil

Having purchased and tried to read the book on the D/L method (my dad wanted it as a present) - the best bit is where it says to get the cdrom with the calculating software on it and just use it smiley - smiley - I find your explanation much easier and simpler.
You say that the statistics are recalculated each year and new tables produced. Are there different tables for international matches compared to first class county games?


Good and easy explanation

Post 2

egon

No- the tables used for county one-day games are the same as those used for internatioonal games, and I believe all one-day internationals and officially-sanctioned one day games in test playing nations are used to refine the tables year after year. (in england, for example- the C&G Trophy and National league will both be used, although i'm not sure about this new 20/20 cup)


Key: Complain about this post

Good and easy explanation

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more