This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Ambrosia,

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - whistlesmiley - weird Had a sudden craving, a few days back, for rice pudding.... smiley - huh so bought some tins of Ambrosia, creamed rice/rice pudding, and a jar of jam... and, so far, each time I inted to eat one, I have dinner... then feel too full... smiley - wah and this happened tonight too smiley - crysmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - drool

In Otter news, I must pack my rucksack smiley - zen off tomorrow, err, Friday, until, Wednesday I think smiley - zen then back on the Wednesday, and away again on the friday, until probably the M Monday smiley - puff hmmm.... maybe I could just manage the rice pudding.... I think it has to be done smiley - run

Ambrosia,

Post 2

Deb

You should buy one of those little plastic tubs of it instead, you can microwave them and you get a nice little portion.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Ambrosia,

Post 3

I didn't even know such things existed!, anyhow, the tins were on special offer, as it happened, so only 50 P a tin smiley - laugh and.... they don't exactly seem massive tins.... think I'd eat one of those on my own, no problems smiley - blush although... I'm definately too full to eat it after dinner tonight smiley - wah but..... there is always supper later I guess smiley - laugh

Ambrosia,

Post 4

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

My mother used to make rice pudding rather than buy it out of the tin, but my friend's mother didn't, and there was something quite wonderful about spooning cold rice pudding, sometimes with added jam or syrup, sometimes with added corn flakes, straight out of the tin smiley - drool

Ambrosia,

Post 5

Oh NO! you bastard! Now I can't decide between having it hot or cold! I'm never gonna get round to eat it at this rate smiley - laughsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - wah

Ambrosia,

Post 6

KB

I have a tin too, I got a couple of weeks ago when I had a similar urge, but it's still there and I haven't got around to it...

Ambrosia,

Post 7

You can call me TC

Any time you've got the oven on, you can chuck a handful of rice into a bowl of milk and make rice pudding on the side. It's easier than going out and buying a tin of Ambrosia. Still, I would say that because we can't get tins of Ambrosia here. I miss it.

Ambrosia,

Post 8

I was trying, to recall the last time I must have had it... I'm sure it was at least twenty years ago smiley - laughsmiley - weird I'm sure the tins will keep in the cupbaord... smiley - drool for a whiel at least smiley - laugh

Ambrosia,

Post 9

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

It really is one of the easiest things to make, isn't it. But the stuff in the tin is so damn good smiley - drool

I've been making tapioca pudding lately too, but my favourite, and the one I've yet to make, was always...

I say I say I say! How do you start a pudding race?
I don't know, how do you start a pudding race?
Say go!

Ambrosia,

Post 10

I've never ever really made any kind of pudding smiley - yikes seriously.... Oh... I think I may have made trifle, in the way back when... and bread n butter pudding too, but like way back when I were a child... err, OK when I was more of a child than I am now smiley - blush I oughta try it some time, but, for cooking for one, seems a way too much effort, to make a single portion etc... smiley - doh still not even got round to having the tinned stuff I obught ! , smiley - laughsmiley - weird

Ambrosia,

Post 11

Sho - employed again!

I loathe rice pudding made at home, but if it's Ambrosia I just can't get enough of it.
(and don't get me started on those awful, cold, Mueller rice things - smiley - ill)

Ambrosia,

Post 12

I don't think I'll be able to resist having a tin of it, now, tonight!; its feeling so cold too... and... what's more warming than a tin of ambrosia with lots of jam smiley - droolsmiley - drool

Ambrosia,

Post 13

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Bob forgive me, for I have sinned:
I ate an entire bowl of smiley - choc mousse yesterday.
All by myself.
And I'm not even ashamed
That has to be like sin squared or something smiley - cool

smiley - pirate

Ambrosia,

Post 14

Sho - employed again!

nah - in my book it's not a sin if you don't harm anyone and you enjoy the "sinning" smiley - smiley

Ambrosia,

Post 15

so long as its consentual, its not sin smiley - angel no... really... smiley - angelsmiley - chocsmiley - drool damnit! just had a rahter tasty mushroom risotto for dinner... and... yet again, I'm not sure I can really justify now having a tin of ambrosia to myself smiley - crysmiley - cry I'll never get to eat them... smiley - crysmiley - cry although.... smiley - wah can't decide if I'm even hungry enough smiley - laugh Hmm.... actually that might end up being a little bit overkill on the rice front having it, after a risotto smiley - laughsmiley - doh

Key: Complain about this post