This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Bad news...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - sadface Just recieved a TXT, about a very good friend of mine, although with whom I've lost contact somewhat in the last few years... Actually, he was both a very good friend, and my lover/partner, for a very long while, until a few years back....
Anyhow, he's been really very ill for quite a number of years as he had a melanoma, which had given him secondary liver cancer, and the treatment for that had been a very ongoing battle, and it kept shifting about, and metastasising all over teh place, over the past few years, and, well, it was pretty clear it wasn't ever going to be a curable thing... But, he'd kept going and suchlike, though hadn't really been well enough for me to have seen him in the last, oh, three years or so... I'd kept in contact, though, via E-Mails, but he didn't reply too often, as I guess he was pretty rough most of the time, what with all the side-affects of the medications etc...

Anyhow... Just got a TXT, from a mutual friend, and it seems its spread to his brain, adn he's now hospitalised and with appprox 6 weeks to live, according to the doctors smiley - sadface
The mutual friend is over in Cambridge tonight, as he's goign to teh Cambridge beer festavil, so we're going to meet up, for a quick drink, before he heads to that (I'm off out tonight to ten pin), smiley - sadfacesmiley - cry Kind of been half expecting such a TXT really, I guess, for the past year or so in particular, but... even so... smiley - weirdsmiley - zen At least he's got a lot of good friends, near where he lives... smiley - sadface

Bad news...

Post 2

Baron Grim

Sorry to hear this.smiley - hug

Bad news...

Post 3

Thanks... Its very sad, even if it was kinda half-expected (I'd been E-mailing him a few months back, so new the cancer was still spreading and the treatments basically were just kinda holding it at bay a bit...)... smiley - sadface

Bad news...

Post 4

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I'm so sorry to hear it. smiley - cuddle Cancer should just eff off and disappear. smiley - blue

smiley - towel

Bad news...

Post 5

Oh... definately.... cancer is just a ..... smiley - bleepsmiley - zensmiley - sadface

Bad news...

Post 6

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

Sorry to hear that. smiley - hug

Bad news...

Post 7

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - cuddle

Bad news...

Post 8

Thanks smiley - blushsmiley - sadfacesmiley - zen *puts brave face on* smiley - zen Friend should be here soon I guess... smiley - zensmiley - sadface

Bad news...

Post 9

That was very strange... so nice meeting up with the mutual friend, who I've known for years and years, but not actually seen in ... about three or thereabouts... so was nice meeting up with him, and being so smiley - wow as he happened to mention how his little kids are like all off to university and A levels and things now smiley - weird and, then catching up on news of the friend who's in end stage cancer... smiley - sadface Got to get ready, to head out, in... about forty minutes or so, for ten pin... and I think I need to spend a certain amount of time... smiley - cry ing first smiley - blush and then trying to compose myself... yet again smiley - laughsmiley - blushsmiley - cry Hoping to try and be able to get a trip, to visit the friend, in hospital within the next couple of weeks, err, basically before it might be too late smiley - cry He was... is, an important person to me, even if I've not really seen him, or spoken to him much, the past err, three years I guess... smiley - blushsmiley - doh longest relationship I've ever had, in fact, thinking about it... smiley - blush and... yes... I'm with William now, and I want that to be a relationship that lasts forever. But... yeh, there's an aweful lot of emotions kicking about back there somewhere... in the recesses of my mind smiley - blushsmiley - zen but... really must try find a quick bite of soemthing to eat, before I have to go out... smiley - zen I may have to try leave those emotions alone, for a few days, until I've got William's shoulder to myself, when I'm at his, from Saturday... smiley - blushsmiley - crysmiley - zen

Bad news...

Post 10

OK... teddy bear has a job later.. smiley - crysmiley - winkeyesmiley - blush Munched about half a litre of milk, and a couple of jaffacakes which shall do until I get back smiley - zensmiley - magic
smiley - zen I think... for the time being I'll just put the emotions into throwing my 14 LB ball down the lane at the pins... the otter bits can wait until later smiley - huhsmiley - zensmiley - weirdsmiley - dohsmiley - alienfrown *puts a bunch of thoughts and stuff into a large compartment in the back of his head, to look at at some future time* smiley - zen

Bad news...

Post 11

smiley - cry he'll soon... not exist... anymore... that is so just not right... he was... is... loverly.. intelligent... clever.. whitty... so good compnay... and... smiley - cry I need my teddy. now.

Bad news...

Post 12

KB

smiley - cuddle

Bad news...

Post 13

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - cuddle

Bad news...

Post 14

Going to visit him, in hospital, as soon as possible, in the next couple weeks, With William. smiley - ok and . well, I guess that is as much as one can do. really. and. smiley - blush William has promised to arrive a bit early tomorrow, before we go into town, for stuff, so I can... have a proper cry. smiley - blushsmiley - cry still finding it kinda weird... though... I mean, I knew he'd be dieing, soon, as of when I heard of him having that illness, err, back about 2011, or 2012, I think it was... I mean.. that's the way that* just works out... so... why should It be like so such a shock, or something smiley - alienfrown I'm meant to be like a logical person afterall smiley - alienfrownsmiley - weirdsmiley - blush and... and.. well.. I've been with William quite a few years now.. and yet... smiley - blush well, surely... being 'but an ex' I shouldn't be so* ... or quite so* ... smiley - blushsmiley - crysmiley - headhurts emotions... I mean... really... are they actually useful... smiley - blushsmiley - sillysmiley - crysmiley - blushsmiley - cry

Bad news...

Post 15

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I'm glad you have Teddy, and William, and that you have decided to visit. It's difficult, but I do believe it will be good anyway. Somehow.

smiley - towel

Bad news...

Post 16

Yes. I have to visit him, in hospital... Though, that is just 'weird' in 'my head'... all the useual stuff one does, when visiting someone in hospital, I guess kinda doesn't apply when your not wishing the person concerned a quick recovery, etc... but.. I expect it'll make some kind of sense.. smiley - blush

Nice pavlovian response of mine last night... recieving the news, and then getting pissed smiley - laughsmiley - blushsmiley - sorry probably not a healthy response really smiley - laughsmiley - blush and strangely things make a bit more sense in the morning, and sober smiley - blushsmiley - angel William will be here, in a couple hours, and then we've all day, weather looks nice so some nice walking about I think, then we're meeting William's daughter and hopefully her daughter too (maybe with the pink poodle I bought her smiley - laugh - She doesn't know it, but I plan on being her evil uncle... smiley - laugh ) smiley - zen Must find more coffee smiley - coffeesmiley - zen

Bad news...

Post 17

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

smiley - cuddle

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Getting drunk and smiley - hangover is just so bad smiley - cross

smiley - dragon

Bad news...

Post 18

smiley - blush I know smiley - headhurtssmiley - blushsmiley - sleepy and I may have to go out... again, tonight... smiley - sadfacesmiley - dohsmiley - sleepy

Bad news...

Post 19

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

"being 'but an ex' I shouldn't be so* ... or quite so* ..."

Not at all. We all have a few special people throughout our lives. Just because that relationship ended, for whatever reason, doesn't mean the person is no longer special. smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle

Bad news...

Post 20

True... I guess... smiley - zensmiley - cry

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more