A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback

Review of my writing style before I star publishing?

Post 1

antitoxic

Hello,

I remembered this site after I wrote an article in a blog that I share with a friend.

The topic is: "Everything is 50/50"
http://jivot.napopa.com/2013/03/5050/

Can you give an idea whether this style of writing (where I haven't really put my best spell-check effort there) fits the h2g2.com?

I find it well fitting the mood of Douglas Adams books but it's all up to you on this site so let me know.

smiley - smiley

Post 2

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Hi, Antitoxic, and welcome to h2g2!

Soon, one of our ACEs should come to your personal space, and welcome you, and explain what an ACE is, and lots of other things.

Meanwhile; I like your style of writing. We have lots of not-so-factual writers, and much of that work gets published in The Post, a weekly collection of writings, poetry, cartoons, and other things. I think your style could also work in an edited Entry, as long as it is factual. If it contradicts the generally accepted science, you would have to back it up with rather a lot. I do not think a statement of "Is gravity a power that pulls objects towards each other? It’s 50/50 ." would go very far through the Peer review, but in a discussion piece, sure, why not? (just an example from your blog). We also welcome reviews, and other writing, which may be more subjective than objective, so there is plenty of space for you.

Do stay, make friends, read, and write. This is a good place for writers.

smiley - towel

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more