A Conversation for The wave-particle duality of traffic in Beijing

The wave particle duality of Beijing Traffic

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

http://www.h2g2.com/A450640

It's not quite right yet - could some kind person give it a look and suggest what changes might bring it up to par?

TIA,
<>====uuu====<

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

This is interesting, but it doesn't really address the issue of wave/particle duality. Perhaps provide some evidence of particle nature and wave nature of the traffic:

Photoelectric effect - do the units of traffic get excited if you shine a light on them? Do they get more excited by red lights or green lights?

Slit interference - if the stream of traffic encounters two parallel obstructions, do they interfere with each other? What happens when there is only one gap in the traffic?

Other things you might like to add are the possible existence of a ring road, which can be used for particle acceleration, the uncertainty principle, the state of drivers' teeth (cavity radiation) and an absolute limit on the speed of traffic. Is there any way of reconciling this view of the traffic with the recently invented theory of chaos, which is firmly rooted in classical mechanics?

Post 3

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Perhaps you change 'innefective' to 'ineffective'.
And I am happy to see familiar vocabulary applied to likewise familiar circumstances (indeed, there seems to be some physical law behind human behaviour, see http://www.h2g2.com/A344251).
However, the questions of Gnomon still remain open, and chaos theory is definitely a keyword to be looked at.

Post 4

Is mise Duncan

Unfortunately I don't have the physics knowledge to tie all this together properly.
Is there any way to hand it over to the general public to get it filled in? I am still convinced that the key to the grand unifying theory will be found by careful study of the Nanjing Don Lu, but must concede that I will not be the one to do so.

Post 5

Is mise Duncan

..or we could let it rot in the "Sin Bin" without notifying anyone because its title doesn't have the correct format even though (I think) it was posted before the format was decreed.... smiley - sadface

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

Resubmit it with the new format, Duncan.

Post 7

Is mise Duncan

On reflection, this article is fiction and therefore has no place in the edited guide. Consider it withdrawn.

Thread Moved

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'The wave-particle duality of traffic in Beijing'.

Back to Entry as author requested 'On reflection, this article is fiction and therefore has no place in the edited guide'. Had potential.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more